Spring is here!!!! Well its not, there’s still some snow on the ground up here in Oslo but the sky is definitely getting lighter and the sun has shown its head a few times. I will take that.
So during what felt like the eternal darkness of winter, we have been listening to your thoughts, experiences and requests. On how to make Wattle, our smart home platform better.
Creating stronger foundations to build a better app for all the great features requested took awhile to meet our high standards. We now proud to announce our updated app for all Wattle users. During the coming weeks and months we will be releasing many more great updates, so keep you eyes and ears peeled.
Note: Before you upgrade, make sure you deactivate your alarm.
Download the latest release from Google Play or Apple Store. Go to settings and Software update to upgrade the gateway software.
Key features for this release: App version 2018.11.7 and gateway release-2018.11.0
- – Permission control: modify user permission rights.
- – Updated functionalities in Scenes and Schedules.
- – Add alarms to Scenes and Schedules.
- – Connection speed and app load time improvement
- – Statistics.
- – Automatic location fix.
- – Device information.
Permissions and access control
We have added four levels of permissions for Wattle. Each new user will by default get the role Administrator. Go to Settings – Access Control to alter the permission rights.
- – Role description and access level:
- – Administrator: Can do everything.
- – Installer: Can do everything, except: Make changes to existing camera accounts and change existing roles.
- – Resident: Can use all devices, alarms etc. They can’t make any changes to device configuration.
- – Guest: Can use use all devices except managing alarms, door lock/unlock or device configuration.
Our complete list of changes for this release:
- – Edit scheduled actions and actions added to scenes (lights dim level, light color, toggle on/off).
- – Faster load and connection time on app start-up.
- – Adding roles and permission settings.
- – It is now possible to add alarm mode/state to a scene.
- – Triggered alarm is now visible always on the alarm overview page.
- – Improved user interface (UX).
- – Device information available from device configuration page.
- – Showing all rooms affected by the scene.
- – Scene filter in dashboard now automatically updates with room changes.
- – Door lock quick action improvement.
- – Added confirmation box when deleting Project.
- – Changing connection icon position from menu to dashboard. Showing information when clicked.
- – Added a notice that the app will switch to cloud connection when triggering over the air update.
- – Added caching of the camera list and snapshots.
- – Design change to main menu: Setting and event log links from menu changed to icons on the
- – Added icons for increasing/decreasing temperature. Showing icons when current maximum (30*C)
temperature is set.
- – Several bugs fixed.
- – Help text added when no devices were found during the scan.
- – Manage alarm button only visible when alarm is activated.
- – Lux symbol changed to lx.
- – Show correct humidity value in logs.
- – Back button added on project configuration page.
- – Average energy measurement symbol corrected to W.
- – Translation updates.
- – Signal level measurement symbol corrected to dBm.
- – Pre-login tips updated.
- – Disabling all notifications is now possible.
- – Statistics improvements.
- – Added information on dashboard if all widgets on dashboard are disabled.
- – Screen sleep prevented on camera live stream and while scanning/adding new devices.
- – Power usage measurement unit corrected.
- – Popup dialog added when identifying device.
- – About system page now displays the IP-address of the gateway.
- – Added reset color buttons to color light bulbs.
- – Temperature status rounded to one decimal.
- – The battery and signal level icons now shown as red when status is 0.
- – “Application settings” page name changed to “Software update”.
- – Page navigation now returns correctly after adding new room from dashboard.
- – Battery alarm warning icon fixed.
- – Automatic location find fix.
Hope you enjoy the upgrade, we will continue with more frequent releases and not too heavy change logs in the future.