Recently, Elektroimportøren has had an offer on equipment for the discontinued Home Control platform. Fear not, you have made a good purchase. The gateway is fully upgradeable to our new platform, Wattle. Sensors and devices in the Home Control package will work on our new platform.
Wattle has its focus on implementing communication standards, not specific devices. By not focusing on specific devices, most standard compliant devices can be added to your gateway without any input from us or you.
See what we have tested here:
Find Wattle upgrade firmware and instructions here:
Please be patient with the Wattle gateway during this update process. As the gateway goes through a few rounds before you are left with the latest Wattle update.
If you have not managed to create a project on the Home Control platform, you will need to find the IP address of your gateway. This is assigned by your router, if you are familiar with your routers configuration then you can log in and check there.
Another option may be to use an ip scanner for PC or mobile. One example is the mobile app Fing for iOs or Fing for Android.
1. Find the ip address of your gateway.
2. Download the firmware linked from the instruction, page 3 (https://homecontrol.no/support/upgrades/stage2to3/OppgradereTilWattle.pdf)
3. Press the button on the top of the gateway so that the LED lights up.
4. Use a PC / Mac / tablet on the same network. In the browser, type in the ip address of your gateway (eg 192.168.0.118/system)
5. Click select file further down on the page and select the file you downloaded with the name “upgrade-1.1.0.bin”
6. Upload and upgrade.
7. Wait for the file to upload and the timer count down.
8. Once the file has been uploaded, the site will no longer be accessed when the gateway restarts and loads the latest software available and restarts again after getting the latest software.
9. When the gateway is “ready” with the power icon fixed bright and short flash of the diode every five seconds, the factory setting MUST be performed, using something such a paper clip in the hole below the gateway. Hold and count 15 red exclamation points on the front of the gateway. If the exclamation point is not flashing when you press the paper clip, something may have gone wrong with the upgrade and you have to try again.
10. When the gateway is set back to the factory setting and the power diode reappears with short flashes every five seconds, the gateway is ready for connection to the Wattle app.
If you encounter any problems, please contact us by mail or phone.
We take this opportunity to welcome you as a Wattle user, if you have input we would gladly hear from you.
Greetings from Home Control and the Wattle team.